Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND THIS INFORMATION CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE. USING THIS WEBSITE INDICATES THAT YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND UNDERSTAND THIS INFORMATION. DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS (“TERMS”) AND UNDERSTAND THIS INFORMATION.
Use of Site. OPS provides materials at this website (“Site”) as a complimentary service to Internet users for informational purposes only, and such materials are not intended for trading purposes. OPS authorizes you to view and download single copies of the materials at this Site solely for your personal, non-commercial use, subject to the provisions below. If you make a copy of the materials at this Site, you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original materials on any such copies. You may not modify the materials at this Site in any way or publicly display, perform, or distribute them. For purposes of these Terms, any use of these materials on any other website or networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited. The materials at this Site are protected by worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. Except as expressly provided herein, OPS and its suppliers do not grant any express or implied rights to you. OPS may grant other rights to you in a separate writing or as incorporated elsewhere in the materials.
Links To Other Materials. OPS provides links to third party websites solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave this Site. The linked sites are not under the control of OPS and OPS is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. OPS reserves the right to terminate any link at any time. OPS has not reviewed all of the linked third party sites and does not control, and is not responsible for, any of these sites or their content. Thus, OPS does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any information, software or other products or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this Site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
User Submissions. Any material, information or other communication you transmit or post to this Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. OPS will have no obligations with respect to such communications. OPS and its designees will be free to copy, disclose, distribute, incorporate and otherwise use such communications and all data, images, sounds, text, and other things embodied therein for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Site any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, or other material that would violate any law or regulation.
Disclaimer. THE MATERIALS PROVIDED AT THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. The materials at this Site may be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. OPS makes no commitment to correct or update the materials. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL OPS, ITS SUPPLIERS, OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED AT THIS SITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF THIS SITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THIS SITE, OR THE MATERIALS OR INFORMATION CONTAINED AT ANY OR ALL SUCH SITES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF YOUR USE OF THE MATERIALS OR INFORMATION FROM THIS SITE RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION OF EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE OR DATA, YOU ASSUME ALL COSTS THEREOF. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Applicable Laws. This Site is administered by OPS from its offices within the United States of America. You may not use or export materials provided in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland, without giving effect to any conflicts of laws principles.
General. OPS may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
Note: Anyone linking to OPS’s website must read and comply with the following guidelines and all applicable laws
- May link to, but not replicate, OPS content.
- Should not create a browser or border environment around OPS content (no frames).
- Should not imply that OPS is endorsing it or its products.
- Should not misrepresent its relationship with OPS.
- Should not present false information about OPS products or services.
- Should not use the OPS logo or other OPS trademarks without permission from OPS.
- Should not contain content that could be construed as unlawful, distasteful or offensive.
Copyright © OPS 1999-2022. All rights reserved.
2. Information OPS Collects
OPS collects personal information about individuals when they specifically and knowingly provided this information for purposes disclosed or otherwise known to them at the time they provide their information or for the wider purposes set out below. This includes, for example, voluntary submission of an email address for our news email update list, providing a business card in a meeting, sending OPS an email which includes the individual’s name, address, phone number and other personal information, or providing basic details for building security purposes when the individual enters OPS premises.
Unless we explain otherwise at the time, providing personal information that we request is optional and disclosures are made voluntarily.
3. Information OPS Collects Automatically
OPS collects certain information by automated means when you visit its websites. In particular:
- OPS’s web servers log your computer’s IP addresses, operating system, and browser software, as well as the pages you access. We use this data, in aggregated form, to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics of our visitors and to measure overall user demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the site.
- You may refuse to accept cookies. To enable or disable cookies you will need to follow the instructions of your browser provider. Alternatively, external resources are available providing specific information about cookies and how to manage them. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies you may not be able to use the full functionality of our website. If you do not disable cookie delivery, Google Analytics will deliver cookies to your device when you visit OPS’s website and you consent to the processing of the data the cookies collect.
4. How OPS Uses the Personal Information It Collects
OPS may use the information we collect about you or that you provide to us for the following purposes:
- Responding to contact requests and requests for information, including requests made through OPS’s “Contact Us” page on its website;
- Providing products and services, running day-to-day business operations, and otherwise operating our business;
- Processing employment applications, evaluating your employment qualifications, and contacting individuals regarding employment opportunities where appropriate;
- Performing human resources functions for OPS and its employees;
- Preparing and submitting bids and proposals to customers, including government and private sector entities;
- Managing our relationship with you and the organization you represent;
- Protecting OPS, its employees, and its business partners against cybersecurity and other security events, espionage, fraud and other unlawful activity, and claims and other liabilities;
- Protecting OPS personnel and property;
- Exercising OPS’s legal rights; and
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, industry standards, and OPS policies.
Except in rare circumstances where OPS is required by law to disclose or otherwise process your personal information, OPS will only process your personal information as necessary for the purposes explained to you when the information is collected or otherwise set out in this policy.
5. Sharing information OPS collects
OPS does not sell, lease, rent, or license the personal information it collects to third parties. OPS may disclose personal and other information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- To perform services for customers (for example, with a OPS subcontractor or a prime contractor for which OPS is a subcontractor);
- To third party service providers to facilitate the services they provide (for example, third party payroll processors and auditors);
- To submit bids for proposals from the government or commercial customers;
- To protect OPS’s rights, privacy, safety, or property, and that of its customers, employees, its affiliates, users, and others;
- To support an investigation of cybersecurity and other security events, espionage, fraud, and other illegal activity;
- In the event of a merger, sale, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of OPS business assets or stock, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings;
- When requested by law enforcement or other government authorities;
- When required by law, regulation, court order, or other legal process; and
- For any other legal purpose.
OPS requires the third-party business partners to which it provides personal information to protect and maintain that information in confidence, and not to license, sell or otherwise transfer such information except to or as directed by OPS as required to provide the partner’s services to OPS.
6. Managing information: Your rights and choices
At OPS’s website, you may sign up to receive company information by email. By signing up, you are joining an “opt-in” list to receive these communications. If you no longer wish to receive these communications, you must reply “Stop” to any correspondence sent to you.
7. Securing information
OPS implements commercially reasonable and appropriate technical, physical, and administrative measures to prevent the loss of, misuse of, disclosure of, alteration of, destruction of, and unauthorized access to the personal information you provide. However, no Internet system is completely secure and OPS cannot eliminate all security risks associated with the electronic transfer and storage of information.
8. Transfers of Information
OPS is headquartered in the United States and its systems are based in the United States. Any information you provide through OPS’s website and online services will be transferred out of your country and to the United States. By providing personal information through OPS’s website and online services, you expressly consent to the transfer of this information to the United States and other countries. If you do not want your personal information transferred to the United States, please do not use OPS’s website and online services or provide personal information through them.
OPS or its service providers may also transfer your personal information from the European Economic Area (EEA) to other countries, some of which have not yet been determined by the European Commission to offer an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards. For transfers to countries not requiring a level of data protection that meets EEA standards, OPS uses a variety of legal mechanisms to protect your personal information, including contractual provisions and written assurances from service providers.
9. Children Under the Age of 13
OPS’s websites and online services are not directed to or intended for children under the age of 13. OPS does not knowingly solicit, store, or use personal information of children under the age of 13, except as permitted by law. Children under the age of 13 should not register for services or provide any personal information, including name, address, telephone number or email address to OPS through its websites or online services. If OPS becomes aware it has inadvertently collected Personal Information of children under the age of 13, OPS promptly will delete such information.
10. Third-Party Websites
OPS’s website contains links to websites operated by third parties to provide users additional information. These links may include links to social media services (such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube). OPS does not control these third-party sites and services and is not responsible for the content of these sites or the products, services, or actions of the third parties operating them. The privacy policies of these third-party sites and services govern your use of and sharing of data with them and OPS does not control and is not responsible for these privacy policies. OPS strongly recommends you review the privacy policies of these websites and social media services.